GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 8 July 2012

Gear shift gaiter

A busy weekend, it managed to stay dry for most of and I got quite a lot done in which was supposed to be the last weekend before my IVA test but I've still not had my date through. Oh well, press on regardless.

The first thing I did was to fit the gaiter which covers the gear shift. The leather is secured by a stainless steel ring and needs to be pulled out around it's edges to fit underneath. Using a needle, I I threaded some cotton through the edge of the leather so I could pull it outwards from underneath the plate


By pulling on the cotton threads and then tightening down the escutcheon plate with some self tapping screws, I managed to pull the leather into place and trap it at the same time. Then it was just a case of removing the protective film, eh voila !

No comments: