GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Saturday 19 May 2012

Interior's here.....!

The interior has arrived. I was going to lay it all out and take a picture but there's so much carpet it wouldn't all fit in the lounge. Perhaps if we have a nice day I'll lay it out on the drive and take a picture. I'm sure it'll start to make sense as I start to put it in but at the moment I just can't imagine where it all goes. Anyway, here's a picture of the seats. I moved slightly away from tradition and went for the optional headrests. This was mainly for the safety aspect which would be maintained no matter the position of the seat rather than rely on head rests mounted to the roll bars. The other reason was that I plan to enjoy using this car with the whole family including my two daughters, when the eldest sat in the seats her head was above the height of the seat back but not high enough to make use of a roll bar mounted head rest which placed the back of her head directly in line with the rear edge of the cockpit. It would only take her to hurt herself once to spoil the whole experience for me so better safe than sorry.



Other than the vast amount of the carpet, the other surprise I had was that the heating elements I had fitted into the seats came with their own wiring loom as part of the kit. The past weeks of planning and head scratching over how I was going to wire these in with all the different relay options, switches, wire sizes etc wasn't necessary. I may have to extend some of the wires but that side of the build now seems very straightforward. The next step will be to cover the dash blank with a layer of foam and then leather before cutting out all the holes for switches, gauges etc. Hopefully I'll get to that this week and then in with the carpet. I guess it's time to start thinking about IVA !

No comments: