GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Saturday 24 March 2012

Handbrake

The handbrake lever has been fitted before but now I've connected it up to the handbrake cable. I had to do a little fettling to get this to fit. Firstly the clearance between the bolt heads which hold the bracket to the side of the car interfered with the bolts which hold the handbrake to the bracket so I had to re-drill one in a different location. Secondly the handbrake as supplied is designed to use a different fitting to the cable so I had to drill out the locating pin in the handbrake lever and replace it with a bolt which passes through the end of the fitting supplied on the cable. The lever itself is a little close to the side of the cockpit so I might have to bend away a little to give more clearance. The bolts which pass through the floor go through a steel plate I've made which bolts up against the underside to spread the load. Forgot to take a picture so I might add one at a later date.

No comments: