GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Sunday 24 April 2011

First hot run

No major progress today, had a bit of a lazy one.

I did however start the engine again but this time let it run, varying the revs a little, trying not to alienate the neighbours too much on a sunny Easter Sunday afternoon, until the fan came on at just a smidge under 90 degrees on the gauge. This was mainly because I just wanted to hear the engine again but more importantly, when I filled the radiator last time it was with just water an no antifreeze. Now I know it's unlikely to freeze at this time of year but I had a niggling worry about missing out on the anti-corrosive properties so I drained the water and refilled with a water/antifreeze mix and then of course had to start the engine to make sure it was all nicely circulated. :-) I was quite pleased to see the radiator come on. I wondered whether I'd have to recalibrate the gauge as it's running off the ECU rather than directly from a sender but it seems OK.



The other thing I did last week was to spray the side sills matt black, this part is kinda under the car and looks like it should be hidden rather than polished. Here's a quick picture to illustrate.

No comments: