GD427 in action

GD427 in action

Friday 11 April 2008

Collecting the body

I collected by body from GD in January along with most of the components needed to finish this aspect of the build. Rather than take a chance trying to fit it all into a Luton Van I decided to hire a 7.5t lorry with a tail lift. My initial thoughts were that it might be a little over the top but I'd rather have too much room than not enough. In the end I was glad of the extra space as it made walking the body into and out of the back much easier having the extra room along the sides. One of the (many) reasons I chose GD was for the quality of the body finish meaning that I would'nt have to paint the car straight away. In fact many owners choose not to paint at all and simply rub the body work down with a very fine grade of wet 'n' dry and polish to a finish. This is a picture of the finish straight out of the mould and as it was when I picked it up.

No comments: